Monday, November 20, 2006

New Nephew and a Few Stories

First of all, we wanted to let everyone know about the birth of our newest nephew, son of J.D. (Darren's brother) Payton Riley Wilson. He came about 5 weeks early, but weighted in at 8lbs 15oz! They are having a little trouble with his blood-sugar levels, but he is starting to nurse well and seems to be in good hands at the hospital. I give Kortney all the credit in the world, it must be tough to nurse while recovering from a c-section, but she's working through it! Congratulations J.D. and Kortney; we can't wait to meet him! Caden and Brody are so lucky to have cousins so close in age: Caden and Kindred are only 6 months apart, and Brody, Elias and now Payton are all within 3 months of each other! Oh the fun they will have!

Here are a few cute Caden stories that I wanted to write down before I forgot them:

Two Cases of Mistaken Identity

#1) Darren and I like "Emerald's Kicked-up Tomato Sauce" and had an empty jar sitting next to the sink to be recycled. Caden has a new stool-like devise called the Learning Tower (I think we've shown pictures of it before) that he moves all around the kitchen to get a better view of what we are doing and help. Caden and I were making dinner when he noticed the jar. He picked it up, pointed to Emerald and said "Uncle Michael". I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly because I thought we referred to my brother as Uncle Mike, so I asked him who that was on the jar. He said, "That Uncle Michael". I thought it was absolutely hysterical, but I thought I'd put Caden through one more test. I pulled up Michelle's blog on the computer and found some pictures of Mike (the really funny ones with Mike hamming it up for the camera). I asked Caden who was on the computer... "Uncle Michael". So it's official, Caden thinks that Emerald looks like my brother Michael! Perhaps you had to be there, but I thought it was pretty funny!

#2) From funny to bizarre: Caden and I were in the pantry looking through our cans of soup. He picked up a Green Giant Creamed Corn can and said "Ga-Dad" (referring to Darren's father). I asked him where he saw Ga-Dad, he pointed to the Green Giant and said, "Ga-Dad Green." I said, "Oh I see, you should go show Daddy". We both got a good laugh!

A Little Potty Humor

Caden likes his privacy when pooping; he has for quite some time now. Sometimes he'll kick us out of his playroom, sometimes he'll hide behind a couch and lately he's been hiding behind the new curtains in our room. Today, after we had just finished making muffins, he climbed out of his Learning Tower, and said something about going into his room. Usually he'll take my hand and we'll head off together, but this time he just dashed off. I did a few things around the kitchen thinking that I'd hear, "Need mommy" any minute, but nothing. After a few minutes of silence (which, by the way, was really nice) I thought I should check on him. I slowly opened his door to find him squatting against the wall surrounded by books. He had one book opened up and was in middle of turning the page when he saw me. He looked up, a bit surprised, and tried to say something. I said, "Mommy go?"; "Yea, mommy go." Then he got back to his book.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

I'm sorry, but Larry does look like the green giant.

I can't believe Kortney had the baby! Congrats, JD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home