Amazing
Caden is so amazing. He surprises us all of the time. Other 26 month olds may be quoting Shakespeare, but the things our little man is doing are amazing to us. Today he said "Igloo" when he saw one on a Baby Einstein DVD. When I was reading him a book about airplanes today he pointed to the Runway and said, "Runway to Take Off". Crazy. After just hearing "What’s Zat?" for about 18 months, the beginning of the second year has and the exponential vocabulary is exciting, or at least it is to us. I guess he listened to all of the answers to "What’s Zat?". Our state provides a free speech evaluation before the age of 3, so we took him in at 25 months and he tested above 36 months in all areas. Yea! He has known all his colors for a few months now and pulls out funny stuff all the time like pointing to his toothbrush and saying "Purple at Ga-Ga's", because he has the same toothbrush up there, except it is purple. He knows 1-10 and counts things to total 5 constantly. He can say and identify all of the letters of the alphabet and spells everything he sees now. Today we went to the Post Office and when we pulled up he went P-O-S-T_O-F-F-I-C-E. When he sees a random letter on a sign or something he will say "A, A for Apple" or "K, K for Key". Our favorites are of course "M for Mommy" and "D for Daddy". The thing that prompted me to post this entry is that he is a whiz at puzzles. We got him a few puzzles for his 2nd birthday and he could put them together almost immediately. He has toddler puzzles, but I am talking about regular elementary school puzzles as well. He works through them saying "This one go hewa and that one go hewa". I remember thinking, “Last month he was 1 year old and this month he is putting together Elementary School puzzles?". When he gets the first one put together he says "Yea"or "Yea Firetruck" or "Yea Whatever it is a puzzle of". When he gets the second one done he says "Yea Two" and so on until they are all assembled. Then he puts them back in the box. Here are a couple pictures of him in assembly mode, with his 2nd cold in three weeks I might add.







1 Comments:
I believe your son is a genius. At least he'll make a darn good mechanic with taking things apart and putting the together so well. He has always had a crazy grasp of how things work, even if he didn't have such a grasp on the language. Can't wait for him to teach Kindred puzzles. (Which when Kindred says it it sounds like "process" and I always think he's just being deep until I figure out what he's really saying!)
Post a Comment
<< Home