Caden's first day of Preschool
Tuesday was Caden's first day of Preschool. The transition was much harder for me (and Brody) than it was for Caden! He was so excited that he was grinning from ear to ear all morning. I was up early to make sure I was ready to go before the boys woke up. I got ready so fast that I had time to lie back down and rest before Caden came in sleepily a little after seven. If you know Caden well, you'll know that this is a little unusual for him. He is normally awake between six and six-thirty playing quietly in his room until seven, then he comes running into our room to announce that it is "seven in the morning" and time to get up. I was glad that he slept well! He got dressed quickly and helped me get Brody. When he went to the bathroom, I figured out that the pants he was wearing were a bit too tight, making it difficult for him to pull up all by himself. I could just see the scene in my head at preschool, so we quickly changed pants. We had a normal breakfast, changed Brody and put on our shoes and coats. On the way to school, the smile never left Caden's face. We stopped and I took a few more pictures. Before we made our way in to the door, one of Caden's teachers looked out and said, "Caden, we are so happy to see you!". He ran in and went straight for the toys. Then with a little reminder, he took off his jacket and hung it up. I took a few pictures and said good-by at least three times and left with Brody.
When the door closed behind us, Brody looked back and said with concern, "Kay, Kay?"; we took a few steps and he lifted his hands up and with more concern said, "Kay, Kay??". He looked at me with tears and confusion in his bright blue eyes and said, "Kay, Kay?!?". I hugged him, feeling the same, and said that we'd be back to get Caden before lunch. By the time we were home, I think we were both feeling better. Brody took his nap, had a snack, and played until it was time to go pick up Caden.
When we arrived, Caden was glad to see us, not ecstatic, but glad. He gave Brody while I was talking with his teachers. They said he did well for his first day, no signs of separation anxiety and that he followed directions well. He had to be reminded a few times of the rules, but that should get better as time goes on. He already has a best pal, his name is Larby. Caden told me all about Larby and how Larby was the line leader and how they got to jump on a trampoline. As we were walking out, he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I'd like to stay"; I said, "Not this time Sweety, but maybe another time". He seemed OK with that and asked if we could go to "Old McDonalds" for lunch.
Labels: preschool


4 Comments:
That's a tough day. For us, that is...
Wowwww. Good job, mama.
Awww, poor Brody! But things sound like they're going well for Caden. Yae! Give them both hugs for me!
My, how time flies. Soon you will be going to his high school graduation and wondering where the time went! Love you and the story so very much. Love, Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home